VIS SCAN PAD
This scanner has been created with the professional mobile scanner in mind, and is packed full of useful features. For a start, all of the buttons are touchscreen, meaning that at the end of each scan, all you need to do is wipe over your monitor and you're ready to move onto the next client.
Introducing the brand new VIS Scan Pad.
- Super large, crystal clear 15" monitor
- 80 channels for a high resolution image
- CE Certified
This scanner has been created with the professional mobile scanner in mind, and is packed full of useful features. For a start, all of the buttons are touchscreen (but don't worry - overall gain is controlled with a twistable knob, so it's still quick and easy to adjust), meaning that at the end of each scan, all you need to do is wipe over your monitor and you're ready to move onto the next client. There is no risk of dirt or hairs getting inbetween and under your buttons, ensuring maximum client safety.
If you're already performing scans, you'll know how frustrating it is when you get that perfect image and suddenly the animal moves. With the Scan Pad's 334 frame cine loop memory, however, you'll never miss a moment again. Simply freeze and scroll back to find that perfect image.
One probe is included in your price. Additional probes are priced at £900 + VAT (£1080) each and will be ordered in for you especially (please call us on 0208 432 9802 for delivery times). We make the following transducer recommendations:
- Microconvex. Perfect for small animal work. First choice of vet practices specialising in small animal work, and dog breeders scanning small to medium sized breeds.
- Convex. This probe has a larger footprint than the microconvex, and a lower frequency, giving it better penetration in larger animals. This probe is best suited as a first choice for breeders of giant breed dogs, and as a second probe for vet practices or mobile scanners who need to be able to cater for a broad range of clients.
- Linear. Linear probes are excellent for vascular work and very popular for use on very small animals (cats, rabbits, guinea pigs and so on), where great penetration is not required. This probe can also be used for tendon scanning on horses.
- Transrectal. Required for bovine and equine pregnancy scanning. Please note that equine scanning can only be performed by a qualified veterinarian in the UK. Bovine pregnancy scanning can be performed by a vet or a paraprofessional who has been awarded a legal exemption to be able to scan cattle. Please click here to learn more about these courses that we run for non-vets.
See the Scan Pad in action in cattle PD work in the video below. Please note that on most farms, cows are rotated through a crush, so you would be able to set your ultrasound scanner up on an adjacent table or trolley rather than needing it held.
Your VIS Scan Pad also comes with a 2-year warranty and:
- 2 USB ports
- 3 probe connectors - more than any other portable scanner on the market.
- Easy to use measurement and calculation packages
Here's the Scan Pad in use on goats, by one of our customers in the United States:
Some recent feedback on our Facebook Group here (feel free to join for help and advice!):